|Summer is the time when most of the Canadians pack their bags for a family trip. But before planning a trip some precautions must be taken to protect your home. To avoid risks and to have a peace of mind during the trip these tips can be noted:
1) Make sure your house is occupied- Ask your relatives or friends to stay in your house to make periodic checkings. Also, ask your neighbors to have a look on your property.
2) Stop delivery services- When you are leaving, call the post office and newspaper officials to hold the delivery until you are back home.
3) Make your premises clean- When you are not around, ask someone to clean the surroundings. Also, if you have a lawn or garden get it trimmed well.
4) Do not update any status on social platforms- When you are away, don't post any photos on social medias. Once you are back you can make the updates.
5) Install a smart home system- A smart home monitoring system ensures your home's protection. Set some sensors or timers to run automatically for your lights so that there will be lively feel for your home.
6) Inform the officials- Once you plan the trip, inform the police department or officials to watch your area.
These tips can save you from theft.
My family and I are camping to Florida for two weeks. We have planned everything for the safety of our home. What are things I should consider while tripping? Please do share it here. Hope you all find the above information useful. Have a nice time.